Posted by Bobby Dornbos
on 12/04/2012 at 4:50 PM
In June, CenterPoint Energy eliminated many of its move-in and meter-read fees
after completing installation of millions of advanced meters throughout its Houston service territory. With Oncor nearing completion of its advanced meter installations, customers in Oncor's service territory
will also see a reduction in the fees they pay for move-in and meter-read activities.
Smart meters virtually eliminate manual meter reading by automating routine service transactions. This is more efficient for utilities like CenterPoint and Oncor and make starting, stopping or changing electric providers easier, faster and cheaper for consumers. The elimination or reduction of service charges is one example of such savings.
Here’s a brief rundown of Oncor’s fees:
- Standard Move-In Fee - how much a customer pays to have new electric service connected at a residence -- $3.20.
- Holiday Move-In Fee - $20.75.
- Disconnect for Non-Pay (DNP) - fee for a customer's disconnection due to not paying their provider -- $2.30.
- Reconnect after DNP - how much a customer pays to have the power turned back on after disconnection -- $2.70.
- Meter Re-Reads - how much a customer pays to request that re-read of their meter to verify accuracy -- $1.80.
- Click here more details.
Out-of-Cycle Meter Reads for the Purpose of a Switch - how much a customer pays when an off-schedule meter read is needed for your last bill with a provider when you are switching -- $1.80.
See Oncor's current tariff
(starting on page 114) for a complete fee listing.